45649Re: Internal Reflux in a Pot Still - Need Help

  • abbababbaccc
    Aug 3, 2009
      No worries mate. But this actually leads to a question, if you have a vertical pipe in your potstill (like most seem to have) - why not stuck few scrubbers there and install maybe a small reflux condenser or have a fan blowing to the pipe. In practise that would get you higher ABV and thus get you more hearts.

      Slainte, Riku

      > OOOPS,
      >
      > Sorry Riku, didn't mean it was wrong, just really ment to say - there
      > aint no way I could distill it up to that 94-95% ABV with the little pot
      > still I have... Just like ZB, I is just another one of them thar
      > Southerner simple pot stiller too... [:)]
      >
      > Vino es Veritas,
      >
      > Jim aka Waldo. (but would love to try that there dram - or 2 or 3....)

    • Show all 17 messages in this topic