45647Re: Internal Reflux in a Pot Still - Need Help

  • abbababbaccc
    Aug 3, 2009
      Actually I just did a sour corn mash few weeks ago using that technique and it turned out just fine. You can have a dram to test if you pop by ;)

      The thing is that high ABV is not stripping off anything, rather concentrating different congeners. As described by Ian Smiley you can make perfectly good whisky with high ABV if you pay attention to details. The procedure is somewhat different from a potstill but it gives you much more hearts and less feints.

      Slainte, Riku

      > But I still would not try distilling my sour corn mash at the 94 to 95%
      > ABV levels that Riku mentioned.
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic