45371Re: [Distillers] Re: Cross-flow adaptation

  • Rasputin Paracelsus
    Jun 3 1:11 PM
      Hello Baker,

      Thanks for the comments. Yes, longer is not a big deal, is it.

      As far as I can see, the liebig is needed because all the X-flow does is
      ensure reflux. Still need a condenser to deal with the vapours taken
      off, right?

      (Someone correct me if I'm out to lunch. Actually, at the moment, I'm
      out doing a stripping run on one of my MUM washes. Started it May 21st.
      Last night, it was very slow, today quiet and down to 0.990. The other
      one, with the slow BK-1, is still going at a reasonable rate)

      gff_stwrt wrote:
      > Hi, Rasputin,
      >
      > A couple of thoughts from someone with no expertise at all in this.
      >
      > If you're not sure it will have enough capacity, make the tubes a bit longer. So long as the maximum water flow is not too small (small diameter of the tubes/low capacity of the pump) you will have the benefit of increased area of cooling surfaces, WITH NO EXTRA WORK (same number of tubes).
      >
      > And would you need a liebig at all if you have a cross-flow condenser of sufficient capacity with a bit in reserve?
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > The Baker
      >
      > PS I want one of those condensers one day. B

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic