44053Re: [Distillers] Boiling Point

  • Eddie Hoskin
    Dec 7, 2008
      Try marbles :D.

      From: anthony547357 <Anthony.Athawes@...>
      To: Distillers@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, December 7, 2008 11:41:09 AM
      Subject: [Distillers] Boiling Point

      I have one of those standard 10 gallon beer barrels, and have placed
      the electric element as low as possible taking into account the

      This leaves the centre of the element 5.5" above ground level, or,
      more importantly 3.5" of liquid below.

      I wonder if someone might comment on this clearance and whether it
      might be reduced by putting in sand or chippings?

      Alternatively, there might be somthing to be said for giving a good
      deal more clearance from the bottom?

      A further point is whether to incorporate a small propeller in the
      barrel to keep things turning over. It would not be too difficult to
      build in an electric motor, though a paddle, turned over by hand every
      few minutes might break the boredom of a five hour vigil.

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic