43660Experiments (was) Re: Aerating you product / equipment heads-up

  • jamesonbeam1
    Oct 3, 2008
      Side Note:

      I have been using an air matress pump for the past 2 years for aerating
      my mashes / washes. It works on a vacuum cleaner concept with no
      diaphragms, using fans for the air flow. Pumps quite a volume of air
      out.

      Vino es Veritas,

      Jim aka Waldo.

      > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "duds2u" taylormc@ wrote:
      > >
      > > Sorry for the delay in answering. The pump I have is a cheapie
      Chinese
      > > acquarium pump. It puts out 150 l/hr (?) and has a rubber diaphragm
      > > type pump. Not game to pull it apart to find out the finer details
      of
      > > it, I might find some milk products there.
      > >
      > > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "abbababbaccc" abbababbaccc@
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hmm, mine has been used for 100 hours or so. I do not have the
      > filter
      > > > in line and I have not noticed any problems. What type of
      diaphragm
      > > > do you have? Mine is made of black rubber, manufacturer is Schego.
      > > >
      > > > Cheers, Riku
      > > >

      > These are the cheap Taiwanese pumps. 2 rubber buckets (diaphrams), one
      > on either side. Actuated by a magnetic pull-in bar like a solenoid. So
      > the bar moves at 50 or 60 times per SECOND in tune with the power
      supply
      > 50 or 60 hertz (cycles). That's a LOT of flexing of the rubber, which
      > causes the hot rubber taste in the product.
      >
      > Working Principle of Linear Diaphragm Air Pump When the
      > alternating current is applied to the electromagnet as in the figure
      > above the actuating rod moves first in the direction of the arrow as
      > shown in Fig.A and then in the direction of the arrow as shown in
      Fig.B,
      > by the magnetic attraction and repellent forces exerted between the
      > electromagnet and the permanent magnets attached to the rod. The rod
      > vibrates at the same frequency as that of the power supply and changes
      > the volume of the space enclosed between the casing and the diaphragm.
      > Thus, the air intake, compression and exhaust can be performed through
      > the valves.
      >
      > [ThatPetPlace.com]
      >
      > Slainte!
      > regards Harry