43655Experiments (was) Re: Aerating you product / equipment heads-up

    Oct 2, 2008

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "duds2u" <taylormc@...> wrote:

      > Sorry for the delay in answering. The pump I have is a cheapie Chinese
      > acquarium pump. It puts out 150 l/hr (?) and has a rubber diaphragm
      > type pump. Not game to pull it apart to find out the finer details of
      > it, I might find some milk products there.
      >
      > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "abbababbaccc" abbababbaccc@
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Hmm, mine has been used for 100 hours or so. I do not have the filter
      > > in line and I have not noticed any problems. What type of diaphragm
      > > do you have? Mine is made of black rubber, manufacturer is Schego.
      > >
      > > Cheers, Riku

      These are the cheap Taiwanese pumps.  2 rubber buckets (diaphrams), one on either side.  Actuated by a magnetic pull-in bar like a solenoid.  So the bar moves at 50 or 60 times per SECOND in tune with the power supply 50 or 60 hertz (cycles).  That's a LOT of flexing of the rubber, which causes the hot rubber taste in the product.

      Working Principle of Linear Diaphragm Air Pump

      When the alternating current is applied to the electromagnet as in the figure above the actuating rod moves first in the direction of the arrow as shown in Fig.A and then in the direction of the arrow as shown in Fig.B, by the magnetic attraction and repellent forces exerted between the electromagnet and the permanent magnets attached to the rod. The rod vibrates at the same frequency as that of the power supply and changes the volume of the space enclosed between the casing and the diaphragm. Thus, the air intake, compression and exhaust can be performed through the valves.

      ThatPetPlace.com