43542Re: Rum run

  • Matthew Rowley
    Sep 18 9:26 PM
      I've got both lemongrass and lemon verbena growing in the garden and
      like them each. I'll use lemon verbena almost as a mint substitute
      sometimes (though spare me a verbena julep), but lemongrass lends
      itself more to savory preparations and I'd probably keep it out of the
      spirits. In San Diego, each is practically a weed...

      > The lemon scented herb native to the West Indies is 'hierba luisa' or
      > 'cedron' - lemon verbena (Aloysia triphylla) in Europe. The SE Asian
      > lemon grass (Cymbopogon citratus) is used in Mauritius to flavour rum.
      > wal
      > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "anthony547357"
      > <Anthony.Athawes@> wrote:
      > >
      > > LEMONGRASS
      > >
      > > Joe,
      > > I'm most grateful for your filling in the gaps of my botanical
      > > knowledge!
      > > My dear wife says she's got it in the cupboard for Thai Cooking
      > > flavouring.
      > >
      > > Elsewhere, Organic Lemongrass Tea...A tea with a heady aroma with
      > > warming ginger flavours...Traditional for gastrointestinal
      > > problems....Useful for soothing mild stages of agitation.
      > >
      > > Sounds like a good substitute for distillation!
      > >
      > > Tony
      > >

      > > In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, joe giffen <joegiffen@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi Tony,
      > > > Lemongrass is sold in all the major supermarket chains in U.K.
      > > >
      > > > Regards
      > > > Joe

    • Show all 39 messages in this topic