      From: Distillers@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Distillers@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Eric Yendall
      Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2008 12:25 PM
      To: Distillers@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Distillers] Re: Any Canadian Busted?

      Yes I did read this and I remain unconvinced. It all hinges on the context i.e. the rest of the act. The issue is the definition of a still and the definition of a "person". Since the act is concerned with licensing and regulation of commercial operations, then one can argue that it does not apply to individuals producing alcohol for their personal use. If the law is not ambiguous, where are the convictions? Just one is needed to prove your contention. I have yet to find one. It would not be difficult to come up with a list of Canadian personal distillers: all they would have to do is raid Ian Smiley's operation, which is run quite openly and apparently legally.

      In politics and government, never attribute to conspiracy what can be adequately explained by stupidity.

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic