43450Re: Any Canadian Busted?

  • Eric Yendall
    Sep 3, 2008
      Actually the law in Canada is NOT so clear. I have read the Excise Act which is written from the standpoint of collecting taxes from commercial operations, not forbidding the private production of alcohol for personal consumption or the private possession of a still. Of course this is only an interpretation but that is why we have courts. I have yet to find an example of anyone being charged and subsequently convicted for operating a personal still. Apart from the police authorities having bigger fish to fry, they would first have to find you; then get a warrant to search; they would have to prove that you were producing alcohol and not distilled water; and then they would have to win the case in court. I have searched the internet for case law and come up empty and would be very interested in an answer to the original poster's question.

      In politics and government, never attribute to conspiracy what can be adequately explained by stupidity.
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic