43168Re: DIY purist Whiskey starter pack ... what do I need ?

    Jul 11 3:12 PM
      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "steveandbelle" <steveandbelle@...>
      wrote:

      <snip>

      > Any advice is welcome so fire away and be sure to include absolutely
      > EVERYTHING I'm going to need too ! I'm only VERY new to this (two
      > weeks old in fact) but I think I'm going to become quite passionate
      > about it as I'm a bit like that with things (Virgo you see).
      <snip>

      WHOA there, pardner! :)

      Your enthusiasm is nice to see. Unfortunately you won't learn to be a
      Formula 1 race driver until you've spent some time in mini go-karts. :)

      If you try to start at the top, your level of understanding (and your
      results) will be disappointing to you, and you'll lose that enthusiasm.

      I suggest you join our beginner's group...
      ...and learn the basics. Simple sugar-washes, basic distilling will
      get you a nice quick start (and something nice to sip while reading &
      studying the terminology and more advanced stuff).

      This is a fascinating hobby, with many levels of personal rewards.
      However the old adage applies here...Rome wasn't built in a day.

      Groups Owner
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic