43146Re: Universal sugar mash mark III

  • jamesonbeam1
    Jul 10, 2008
      Riku,

      Again, while providing it with the required minerals, your still missing
      the needed nutrients from some form of yeast extract or yeast hulls.
      While Dr. M.B. Raines stated yeast will ferment sucessfully in a glucose
      / nitrogen solution, he did not state it would ferment fast.

      You should review some of the nutirents again in commercial yeast
      nutrients / energizers such as Fermaid K.

      Hint: Vitamin B-complex, amino acids, lipids amoung other things..

      Vino es Veritas,

      Jim.

      Update, I repitched another pack yeast at 1040 and the mash is now at
      1020 and bubling slowly. I think it will eventually come through but
      it is quite slow, at least in comparison to 24h turbos :). I don't
      know whether tomato paste contains some additional nutrients or
      whether it was the brand of fertilizer I used. Still worth knowing
      that it can be done this easily if one has time to let it ferment.

      Cheers, Riku
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic