42376Re: copper water heater

  • jamesonbeam1
    May 2 2:35 AM
      Ahhhh Justin,

      Theres a difference between shouting and using capitalization for
      empahsis. Believe me - Harry was not shouting (you dont want to see
      that...:):). But comming from "THE MKO" around here, I would listen
      to what was said.

      If your going to take it out anyways, open it up and first see if in
      fact it was rivited and soldered or brazed - then take it from
      there. Since it was made in 1960, there is almost a 100%
      probablility that lead solder was used. All that is being suggested
      is check it out first before you waste time and effort (and money)
      turning it into a still.

      Remember first rule of distilling - "Better be Safe then Sorry..."

      Vino es Veritas,
      Jim.

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, justin webster <mail@...> wrote:

      > right,
      > obviously the entrainment bit is what I did not yet understand.
      > which is why I asked.
      > which is why it's NOT silly.
      >
      > and correct me if I'm .........WRONG again but isn't that the
      purpose
      > of this forum.
      > I have not built this still, I am simply asking you wonderfully
      > knowledgeable people for advice so I can be sure I'm safe.
      > and finally, after some completely unnecessary shouting and
      attitude,
      > I have my answer.
      > thankyou.
    • Show all 41 messages in this topic