42375Off topic - Fly fishing (sorry) - Was: Re: About gin

  • jamesonbeam1
    May 2 1:52 AM
      Matter O' Fact Geoff,

      I just heard through the grapevine, that it was in fact a Mayfly
      which Sub caught his trout on :):):). Ask him to send you some picts
      of them trout(made my mouth water)....

      Like me daddy taught me - "Match the Hatch" and we always tied our
      own flies - he would even bring his fly tying kit to the streams and
      tie em stream side to match the hatch.

      Vino es Veritas,
      Jim.

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "burrows206" <jeffrey.burrows@...>
      wrote:
      Hi Rim,
      It's about that time of the year,end of April and the start of May
      and all. So i'm betting it was a May Fly. My biggest was 2.5 pounds
      (I thought it was a monster)in 6" of white rapid water when I was 15
      yrs old netted in an old orange onion bag spread with a wire coat
      hanger on the end of a cane as a
      net. Had to tie my own as well, money was tight then.(we wus' poor
      and I think we wus' happy well I was) I had 4 brothers
      and 3 sisters and all money went into the home food kitty and when
      everyone
      was feed you got some back
      Geoff

      > Bet ya caught it on a Royal Hairy Coachman or Royal Wulff :):):).
      >
      > Vino es Veritas,
      > Jim.
    • Show all 41 messages in this topic