42066Re: Amaretto

  • jamesonbeam1
    Apr 2 4:38 AM
      Wal,

      I would be careful suggesting usuing peach or apricot kernels for
      maceration purposes:

      "The kernel inside the peach pit contains cyanide.
      Other fruits containing cyanide in their pits are apricots,
      cherries, nectarines, plums and even apple seeds.

      If you are juicing or cooking fruit it's best to remove the seed
      pockets from apples and the pits of other fruits beforehand.

      The body defends itself naturally against small amounts
      of cyanide but better to be safe than sorry.

      I would definitely remove all seeds and pits before consuming the
      fruit."

      While cherry seeds are used in making various cherry liquors, dont
      think they contain as much as peach or apricot stones do.

      I have even heard of a guy dying on his birthday by eating too many
      apple seeds for a bet or something.

      Vino es Veritas,
      Jim.

      > You need bitter almonds (amaro means bitter in Italian). Apricot
      > kernels make a suitable substitute. You can also use peach kernels
      as
      > for Persicot.
      > wal
      > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "loulenz2002" <loulenz2002@>
      wrote:

      > > So my friend down the street has alomond trees, and they are
      ready. I
      > > was wondering if anyone knows whether they need to be toasted
      first
      > > for making an amaretto or almond liquer, or only dried. Thanks,
      Lou

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic