42062Re: Continuous Still Design - With Head Removal

  • Arsene Lupin
    Apr 2, 2008
      Hi James,
      Any progress ?
      Your design still puzzles me, I 've never seen a continuous column
      without reflux. The closest from that is the adams still which is
      something like a 3 thumper potstill (see alcohol& denaturing @ library).

      Yeah ! I think i found the prob with not having reflux!!!!
      At the bottom you provide x joules to a 10% (or so )wash, but at the
      top of the column your x joules are transfered to a 80% wash, and that
      means you will vaporise much more ethanol than you input.
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic