41724Re: Making whisky

  • jamesonbeam1
    Mar 1 7:48 PM
      Sigh Zymurgy Bob,

      Looks like folk such as us are in the wrong world here... Maybe
      they should change the name of this forum to "Distillers - For Reflux
      Beverage Ethanol Distillers" :(:(:(

      Vino es Veritas,
      Jim.

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Robert Hubble <zymurgybob@...>
      wrote:

      > Well, *this* should produce a lively thread, especially among the
      potstillers.Zymurgy Bob, a simple potstiller

      > To: Distillers@...: larry@...: Sat, 1 Mar 2008 18:03:02 -
      0600Subject: [Distillers] Re: Making whisky

      > At 04:13 PM 03/01/2008, you wrote:> Depending on the abv of you
      mash and input temp, your stripping runs > should only run about
      50>to 55% for the low wines (least my little pot still does.)%ABV of
      the mash isn't related at all to %ABV of the output.A 2% mash would
      produce the exact same output percentage as a 20% wash... The 20%
      wash would just make ten times as much, but at the same %ABV.

      > Helping your favorite cause is as easy as instant messaging. You
      IM, we give.
      > http://im.live.com/Messenger/IM/Home/?source=text_hotmail_join

    • Show all 28 messages in this topic