39521Re: SV: RE: [Distillers] low water use condenser?

  • Rasmus
    Jun 1, 2007
      In all pH environments except neutral, I would not use aluminium. But
      pure alcohol has pH 7 and should thus not effect the metal nor should
      the aluminum convector effect the alcohol.

      /Vini

      > Convectors are quite a good solution, unfortunately distillers
      > community has not quite realized it yet. The only issue is that some
      > convectors are made of aluminium which is somewhat debated as still
      > construction material. 2 meters of those convectors with ambient
      > cooling is also enough to cool 1kW. IMO that's quite ideal solution
      > since it has no moving parts, i.e. nothing to go wrong and no water or
      > electricity consumption :)
      >
      > Cheers, Riku
      >
      > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Lennart Olsson <wineifera@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Is this more efficient than using a simple convector? I use one (1
      > m) with fans and its enough to cool at least 1 kW at ~20°C. Then you
      > wouldn´t need any water at all. But ofcourse Crete is often hotter
      > than my room temerature.
      > >
      > > /Vini

    • Show all 21 messages in this topic