37837Re: BBC E-mail: 'People's vodka' urged for Russia

  • tyler_97355
    Nov 30, 2006
      I found that article to be very interesting, and disturbing. I wonder
      what the cost comparison would be here for a bottle of vodka? Where
      i'm at, i can go down to the store and get a bottle of vodka for
      $6.50. That is about the same price for a value meal at a fast food
      place. A bum on a street corner can make that much in less than an
      hour. The way i see it, if you can't afford to by a bottle of cheap
      vodka, you have bigger problems to worry about.

      -Tyler

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, wal <waljaco@...> wrote:

      > wal saw this story on the BBC News website and thought you
      > should see it.
      >
      > ** Message **
      > Legal samogon (home distilling) would be a safe alternative.
      >
      > ** 'People's vodka' urged for Russia **
      > Russia's MPs are urged to consider a cheap "people's vodka" to
      reduce high death tolls caused by fake alcohol.
      > < http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/em/fr/-/2/hi/europe/6157015.stm >
      >

      > ** BBC Daily E-mail **
      > Choose the news and sport headlines you want - when you want them,
      all
      > in one daily e-mail
      > < http://www.bbc.co.uk/email >
      >

      > ** Disclaimer **
      > The BBC is not responsible for the content of this e-mail, and
      anything written in this e-mail does not necessarily reflect the
      BBC's views or opinions. Please note that neither the e-mail address
      nor name of the sender haveĀ been verified.

      > If you do not wish to receive such e-mails in the future or want to
      know more about the BBC's Email a Friend service, please read our
      frequently asked questions.
      http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/help/4162471.stm

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic