37835RE: [Distillers] youtube video

  • Andrew Bugal
    Nov 30, 2006
      Bob,

      With credentials like that, you would qualify for immigration to Australia.

      Regards,

      Bwyze

      Robert Hubble <zymurgybob@...> wrote:
      Rob,

      While I understand some of the quaint colloquialisms of the empire, Bob IS
      (or technically, was) my uncle, and I was named for him. He, in turn, was
      named for his great-great- grandfather Bob, a figure of some note in our
      American Whiskey Rebellion, having his corporeal ass incarcerated by no less
      than George Washington, for his defense of untaxed distillation in our new
      federation of states.

      It was in all the papers.

      Long story short, you can see that I came by this particular form of
      rebellion honestly. Makes a man proud, it does.

      Zymurgy Bob, a simple potstiller

      >From: Robert Thomas <whosbrewing@ yahoo.com>
      >To: Distillers@yahoogro ups.com
      >Subject: RE: [Distillers] youtube video
      >Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 07:54:20 -0800 (PST)
      >
      >Yea Rob, they were pretty hush hush when it came to flavouring up.
      >Sure, we had the token "exotic spices" bit, but the aged "whiskey" was
      >pretty pale. I'd guess the corn distillate was taken off above
      >finishing abv (perhaps the usual 60ish %). That does still leave plenty
      >of corn flavour. Add to that (presumably untoasted) oak and then
      >caramel derived from malt, and bob's your uncle! (oh, no, you're bob!)
      >cheers
      >Rob.
      >
      >p.s. on a 1000 litre mash at ca 1050 with ambient temp at 20 decG the
      >temperature of the fermentation can rise 15 degrees in less than 10
      >hours. The temp rise can be really nice in winter when a certain
      >brewery was unheated. 5 minute break to hug the fermenters!!
      >
      >--- Robert Hubble <zymurgybob@hotmail. com> wrote:
      >
      > > Rob,
      > >
      > > Like you, I'm under the impression that all the liquors produced in
      > > the
      > > video MIGHT be made from neutral alcohol, with corn as a feedstock.
      > > (The video really asks as many questions as it answers). It would be
      > > kinda nice to have Canadian whiskey just by barrel-aging vodka, which
      > > in my case is just just feints, redistilled with bicarb a couple of
      > > times.
      > >
      > > I have friends who favor Canadian whiskey, which is nice enough, but
      > > just not my cup of tea.
      > >
      > > Does anyone know how Canadian whiskey is really made?
      > >
      > > Anyway, thanks for the video, Rob.
      > >
      > > Zymurgy Bob, a simple potstiller
      > >

      > > >From: Robert Thomas <whosbrewing@ yahoo.com>
      > > >To: distillers@yahoogro ups.com
      > > >Subject: [Distillers] youtube video
      > > >Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 00:20:56 -0800 (PST)
      > > >
      > > >I saw this and thought of you!
      > > >http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=AafSvzXD27c
      > > >The distillation is carried out at 85 degrees????
      > > >Plus at this distillery, which makes gin, whiskey, etc etc, 95 % of
      > > the
      > > >fermentables are corn. So "Canadian Whiskey" is flavoured neutral
      > > >lcohol then, is it?
      > > >

      > > >Cheers,
      > > >Rob.
      > > >

      > >___________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __
      > > >Want to start your own business?
      > > >Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business.
      > > >http://smallbusines s.yahoo.com/ r-index

      > > Stay up-to-date with your friends through the Windows Live Spaces
      > > friends
      > > list.
      > >
      >http://clk.atdmt. com/MSN/go/ msnnkwsp00700000 01msn/direct/ 01/?href= http://spaces. live.com/ spacesapi. aspx?wx_action= create&wx_ url=/friends. aspx&mk
      > >

      >Cheers,
      >Rob.

      >Yahoo! Music Unlimited
      >Access over 1 million songs.
> [...]

      Get free, personalized commercial-free online radio with MSN Radio powered
      by Pandora http://radio. msn.com/? icid=T002MSN03A0 7001