      From: tyler_97355 <kd7enm@...>
      To: Distillers@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2006 8:31:18 PM
      Subject: [Distillers] Re: youtube video

      The main problem with large ferments is the mash temperature. Most
      distilleries will have cooling tubes in the fermentation vat to keep
      it constantly at the optimal fermentation temperature. Generally they
      will set it to ferment at the fastest rate they can without killing
      the yeast. However, this results in more fusel oils produced.
      Fermenting at lower temps produce less fusels, but they also take
      longer. Much longer than 60 hours.

      -Tyler