37404Re: Aggravating SWMBO (was) Malted corn...

  • tyler_97355
    Oct 4, 2006
      Picture the nasty smell of vinegar mixed with rotten grains. It is a
      very stong, very nasty smell. One of the best ways to prevent an
      infected batch, is to clean all of your fernenting equipment very well,
      whether you use soap and water, or bleach water. Also, by boiling your
      mash, to kill any bacteria that might be in the products you are
      fermenting. Some people even recommend adding a little lemon juice to
      the air lock. Just my little bit of advice.

      -Tyler

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Jed clampett" <edgerunner007@...>
      wrote:

      > I've read the post about infected batches, but what are they? I have
      > never had a batch of mash smell as you all say you have.
      > What causes it and how do you avoid it? I would rather not experience
      > this.
      > Thanks

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic