37346Wash foamed over...Now What?

  • toddk63
    Sep 29, 2006
      My question is, can I just add the 1.5l of brown stuff to the 14.5l of
      clear spirit for the second and final spirit run, or do I need to save
      it for another wash?

      Also, what can I do to prevent foaming on 2 parts sugar: 1 part
      molasses washes in the future?

      This is the second of two washes I stripped. 1st went fine. A hint of
      foaming (at a leak low in the neck), but otherwise clear on the 1st one.

      2nd one was going good, using same power levels as 1st. Then towards
      the middle-end (200-203°F), brown stuff came over and messed up a
      liter I already collected.

      From the 1st strip I have 8.0l of 46%, and I'm guessing I have
      something similar on the 2nd

      So the break down of the 2nd would be 6.5l of 45% clear and 1.5l of
      47% brown stuff.

      My question is, can I just add the 1.5l of brown stuff to the 14.5l
      (8+6.5) of clear for the second and final spirit run, or do I need to
      save it for another wash?

      Also, what can I do to prevent foaming on 2 parts sugar: 1 part
      molasses washes in the future?

      Thanks Experienced Pot Stillers,

      Todd K.
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic