36923Re: nocino time

  • PhilipWilson
    Aug 21, 2006
      I filtered my batch of nocino yesterday, after starting a couple of weeks later than the italian
      calendar to make up for later ripening in the UK. It's thick, fragrant stuff, which I hope will
      mellow some with age.

      I also tried something I read somewhere else - adding a bottle of cheap white wine to the
      walnuts and spices left over after filtering. Wait for a few hours then filter and sweeten to
      taste for a brown, nocino-flavoured apertif that can be drunk now. It's very nice, in an
      aromatic, bitter sort of way.

      Thanks, Micio.

      Phil
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic