36664Re: nocino time

  • italiandistiller
    Aug 4, 2006
      Nocino, I think (please correct me Micio if I'm wrong)is derived from
      the Italian verb nuocere, which means to harm, to damage, and 'ino' a
      suffux that imples "a little".
      So, nocino literally means to harm a little.

      Green walnuts hulls, and not the older black ones, as well as cloves,
      have a proven property for killing intestinal flukes and suppressing
      parasitic bacteria and fungi (yeasts) and also many kinds of
      pathogens which we coincidentally ingest in the course of normal
      gastro-fare. In becomes imperative that on a cyclic basis, we do a
      detoxing, or killing of these "little" entities from our bodies for
      robust health. Nocino will aid in the aspect. Italy's high
      percentage of centenarians may be in part due to nocino!

      Here's my nocino recipe:
      • 30 green walnuts (collected on the 25th of June, blond virgin
      optional)
      • 48 oz of your best and cleanest shine
      • 1 cup sugar
      • 2 cinnamon sticks
      • 1 tablespoon whole cloves
      • rind of 1 lemon
      • 1 cup water (spring or well)
      Cut the 30 green walnuts with the kernel into 4 parts and put them in
      a large jar, add the alcohol and half of the sugar, spices and lemon
      rind. Place the jar in a sunny window tightly covered for a few
      months. Filter and add sugar syrup made from 1 cup of water and the
      rest of sugar. Store in the cellar for a year.
      Serve cold after a meal.

      Viva nocino e giovani vergini biondi!

      À Salute,

      Bob

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, greg tufts <gregtufts@...> wrote:

      > Collect 23 to 25 walnuts with green skins, St John
      > day etc
      > thanks Micio
      > cheers
      > greg
      > --- miciofelice2003 <miciofelice2003@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Hi, Greg.
      > >
      > > Yes, may be you missed the message of that period:
      > > anyway you have
      > > to look for message N°. 36148, where I explained how
      > > to prepare a
      > > liqueur called "nocino". You have to use wallnuts,
      > > it's well
      > > prepared in some regions of Italy and in Abruzzo
      > > they are used to
      > > drink at 70 alcoholic degree (I mean 70% in volume).
      > >
      > > For me it's too strong, so I prefer 38 - 40%.
      > >
      > > But remember: if you want to prepare a good nocino
      > > you must have at
      > > your disposal a young, blond virgin girl .... :<)
      > >
      > > Ciao a tutti
      > > da
      > >
      > > micio felice
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic