36275Re: [Distillers] Sealing the Churn

  • Link D'Antoni
    Jul 1, 2006
      Anthony,

      I can not answer the tech question but the 'Spell
      Check' is IN Yahoo. Look at the top of the mail that
      you are writing... The 'SEND' line.. right of that is
      'Save as a Draft', right of taht is 'Spell Check'...
      Unless, of course, you are left handed.

      Link

      --- anthonyathawes <anthony.athawes@...>
      wrote:

      > I'm near to completing a "World Class Still" and
      > wait only the arrival
      > of the copper mesh for the re-flux version. (Why
      > it's called the WCS I
      > don't know, it seems rather immodest, but then, we
      > must wait and see!).
      >
      > My question is how to seal down the lid on the 5
      > gal. S/S British milk
      > churn. I've considered soldering tabs onto its side
      > and bolting down.
      > Another method may be simply to drill down through
      > the lid perifery
      > and use either self tappers or small bolts. It may
      > not be practicable
      > to use a cork gasket. It might be possible to to
      > split a length of
      > garden hose and fit it round the edge with the bolts
      > going through it?
      > After all, there's not much, if any, pressure.
      >
      > I'm asking advice on this as not I'm not really
      > happy with the
      > prospects of either method. (Observing the forum -
      > if I can understand
      > the spelling and grammar - it seems members ask
      > questions when a
      > couple of comparative experiments would decide the
      > issue..... Does
      > that seem just a bit critical?!
      >
      > Anthony
      >
      > PS. Having mentioned spelling, I thought I'd better
      > run a spell check
      > myself. It doen't come up under "Tools".......this
      > may explain a lot!

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic