35875Re: Scrubbers

  • mampoer_boer
    Jun 1, 2006
      Also a simple PotstillerÂ…

      My runs start at about 80% abv.
      I start very slowly controlling input temp (Gas 3 ring burner) to get
      1 drop per second for first 200ml
      60L wash at about 12-14%
      My middle run starts at 75% and ends usually at about 58-60%
      Rest is tails usually collect about 8L middle runs at avr 65-67%
      This is the first distillation. When I did not double distill.

      Now everything gets double distilled for a very nice Fruit brandy.
      Lots of work as I need to do % batches of first distillations to do a
      second distillation.
      This gives me about 60L of 45%abv (after dilution) of Brandy.
      Only lasts about 3 months.

      Mampoer Boer

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Hubble" <zymurgybob@...> wrote:

      > Well, I'll be go to hell (I'm told). I run my potstill output
      through an
      > alcoholometer, and I commonly start spirit run at 78%. Admittedly, I
      > haven't worried about temperature correction, but my condenser cools
      > thoroughly, and the product in the alcoholometer is cool, so I doubt
      the
      > number is very far off.
      >
      > Even a beer-stripping run can start at 68%.
      >
      > Zymurgy Bob, a simple potstiller
      >

      > >From: "Mark" <markgofast@...>
      > >To: Distillers@yahoogroups.com
      > >Subject: [Distillers] Re: Scrubbers
      > >Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 03:42:56 -0000
      > >
      > >--- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Link D'Antoni <link2d@> wrote:
      > > >

      > > > When running any of my pot stills I do not usually
      > > > get over 73%, 146 Proof.
      > >
      > > > Link
      > > >

      > >I used to pot still. I don't recall EVER getting 73%abv. More like
      > >40ish %abv as I recall. Unless I restilled the middle portions a few
      > >times.

      FREE!