34574Re: A good week stillin' and bottlin'

  • art
    Mar 2 2:52 AM
      Greetings, I had to delurk for this one.
      Every year for the past three Years, I have made Limoncello.
      Unfortunately it turned in to one of the most popular Christmas
      gifts from the kitchen (number two only to my wife's "cappuccino
      fudge"). Last year I made a half gallon batch, bottled it in 3/8
      Liter fancy bottles with fancy labels and wax sealed tops (layered
      green and red wax). Long story short, I had to make a second batch
      to replace the bottles my wife *procured* for her co-workers.

      Yes, a shot of Limoncello in tonic water, or club soda is great (try
      a shot of it un-diluted (95%) and unsweetened in seven-up or some
      such.

      Has anyone used Vanilla? I started macerating 1 bean (scrapped) in
      one bottle of 80 proof, add a 1/4 of white sugar, and enjoy. I am
      thinking about other spices, herbs and fruits for summer drinks,
      mint, strawberries, apples, cinnamon.
      (SNIP)