33789Re: [Distillers] Re: So, how about a 1.5in column?

  • Robert Thomas
    Jan 3, 2006
      No probs with 1.5". Check homedistiller.org for what your throughput
      etc will be.
      p.s. don't tell any other newbees, but there is a sister group to this
      one: new_distillers, where beginners questions tend (I use that phrase
      lightly - no dig at you Wally, just those who are a little short on the
      group) to get answered better/quicker/more socially.
      Cheers,
      Rob.

      --- wally13oo <wally13oo@...> wrote:

      > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, starch <starch@b...> wrote:
      > I too am in research of my first still , materials at hand are:
      > SS Milker pail ( one that looks like a curling rock)
      > Two burner electric hot plate and propane BBQ
      > 50 foot roll of soft cooper
      > and 2 - twenty foot lengths of inch& one half SS milk pipe line.
      > any advice on how long to make the column would be most helpfull.
      >
      > tia
      > Wally
      > >
      > > I have just begun to research home distilling and most sources call
      >
      > for
      > > a 2 inch column. Is it possible to use 1.5 inch? I'm having a
      > hard
      > > time finding 2 inch copper pipe but I can get 1.5 inch just down
      > the
      > > road from my house.
      > >
      > > Thanks
      > > starch