33784Re: So, how about a 1.5in column?

  • wally13oo
    Jan 3, 2006
      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, starch <starch@b...> wrote:
      I too am in research of my first still , materials at hand are:
      SS Milker pail ( one that looks like a curling rock)
      Two burner electric hot plate and propane BBQ
      50 foot roll of soft cooper
      and 2 - twenty foot lengths of inch& one half SS milk pipe line.
      any advice on how long to make the column would be most helpfull.

      tia
      Wally

      > I have just begun to research home distilling and most sources call
      for
      > a 2 inch column. Is it possible to use 1.5 inch? I'm having a
      hard
      > time finding 2 inch copper pipe but I can get 1.5 inch just down
      the
      > road from my house.
      >
      > Thanks
      > starch