33605Re: Potassium permanganate (oxidation of methanol)

    Dec 23, 2005
      Methanol (CH3OH) is oxidised with acidified potassium permanganate
      (KMnO4) first to form formaldehyde then to formic acid and then carbon
      dioxide and water.
      wal

      http://www.nuaire.com/tech_papers/Potassium_Permanganate_Odoroxidant.pdf