33601Re: Potassium permanganate

    Dec 22, 2005
      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, donald holcombe
      <blackledge_02@y...> wrote:

      > Used to set back fires to cut off a forest fire.Usually in ping
      pong balls dropped from airplanes. Read up on P. P. seems it might
      be helpful. Also used as a deoderant in sewage transfer stations.
      Dosage in likker issmall but still needs time to react and do its
      thing before proceeding. Brother said he used it in Dye making.

      Oh, ok. The only experience I've had with P.P. is in the form of
      Condy's Crystals, which my mother always kept in the house. It was
      used (1/2 tsp) in the baby's bath to prevent nappy rash, also to
      prevent thrush with the females of the family, and Dad (cattle
      stockman) used to soak his feet in it to prevent Tinea. Apparently
      it is a good anti-fungal treatment. Unfortunately it is now a class
      S6 chemical in Oz, and very hard to get. It used to be an over-the-
      counter item.