31887Re: Rowan/Sorbolo

    Sep 1, 2005
      The notes say that the alcohol content of the final product is 41%. An
      80% moisture content in the berries is not unusual, and keep in mind
      the 6 month maceration period.
      For another way see the Rowan Schnaps recipe -
      http://www.danish-schnapps-recipes.com/rowan.html

      wal
      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "pieterpst"
      <pieterpost_pieterpost@h...> wrote:
      > Wal, just wondering if these recipe is complete? With this percentage
      > of alcohol I am wondering if it won't scorch my throat. The end
      > percentage will be very high unless the water in the berries will be
      > drawn to the alcohol (osmosis)although there diesn't seem to very much
      > fluid in them ....
      >
      > Other recipies use less alcohol or add water to it ......
      >
      > greetings,
      >
      > PP
      >
      > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "waljaco" <waljaco@h...> wrote:
      > > Liquori Casalinghi 52
      > >
      > > Rowan/Sorbolo
      > >
      > > Rowan/Mountain Ash (Sorbus aucuparia) berries - 500 g
      > > Cloves - 3 whole
      > > Lemon - peel of 1 lemon
      > > Cinnamon stick - 12 mm piece
      > > Sugar - 240 g
      > > Alcohol (95%bv) - 360 ml
      > >
      > > Place all the ingredients in a sealed glass jar and macerate for 6
      > > months. Strain. Age for 4 mo
      nths.

      > > wal
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic