30437Re: [Distillers] Re: column packing

  • Mike Nixon
    Jun 23, 2005
      Lindsay Williams wrote:
      Subject: [Distillers] Re: column packing

      Strange you only got 20" worth. It is darned hard to overtighten the
      rolls. I would fill the column and if that means buying more, so be it.

      Cheers,
      Lindsay.
      ====================
      I would be interested in what mesh he is using. I know it can't be the
      Amphora mesh for that rolls to form slugs 15cm (5.9 inches) long, and I've
      never found anyone who is strong enough to wind it too tight.

      Any clues "jfpottery"?

      All the best,
      Mike N

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "jfpottery" <jfpottery@y...> wrote:
      > I have a copper mesh reflux still. The pakage the mesh came in said it
      > was enough for a 36 inch 2 inch column. I ended up with [ 5]4 inch
      > rolls giving me 20 inches. Did I roll them too tight? or is this ok.
      > I've done four runs and it seems ok but would it be better to add more
      > or loosen up what I have?
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic