29621Re: FIRE (cont.)

  • toddk63
    May 3 8:27 AM
      What's this cork everyone is talking about. I thought that "Vent"
      hole on top was just that, a vent to atmosphere in case you overload
      the condenser. I also find that by sniffing the vapors coming out of
      that vent, I can tell exactly what phase the run is in (foreshots,
      heads, middle or tails).

      BTW, my first run I also overloaded the condenser and spewed
      distillate. Luckily it didn't catch fire on my propane flame. Now I
      know at what power level that is likely to happen and never leave the
      unit for more than a few seconds at a time.

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, <BFY51@p...> wrote:
      > That's opened my eyes. I am always fiddling, water up, water down,
      power up,
      > power down... I take out the stopper cork for a quick look nearly
      every run.
      > Thanks for letting on, well I won't be doing that again.
      > No pool here to jump into, just some nosy neighbours to call the
      firemen's.
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic