29609Re: FIRE (cont.)

  • slipslider2
    May 3, 2005
      Harry,
      I am fine ... fortunately ... and I was reluctant to "tell my story"
      especially to you and Mike and Roderick. I am humbled by the
      experience and did not expect to receive much respect from the group
      for appearing to be one of the "3 stooges".
      I have 7 years of college, FAA airframe and powerplant licenses and a
      BS in Industrial Maintenance Technology.
      I'm really not an idiot nor a nerd... yet I was still IGNORANT in my
      start up. I hope that sharing my experience with the group will help
      prevent injuries for other start-ups using distillers and new
      distillers as a reference to the hobby.

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Harry" <gnikomson2000@y...> wrote:
      > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "slipslider2" <slipslider2@y...>
      > wrote:
      > > To follow up on my previous post, as you can imagine, all kinds
      of
      > > flammable stuff spewed out of the columm, burning one of my
      > fingers
      > > and the tops of my bare feet. I backed away, the vapors flashed,
      > the
      > > still and my upper body is now on fire and I'm thinking "It
      smells
      > > like hair...I'm on fire...don't go forward or you will knock over
      > the
      > > still and burn down the back yard, JUMP IN THE POOL!!!!
      >

      > In the 2 years I've been on this list, you are only the second
      > person I've run across who's admitted to a potentially
      > serious "event". 2 out of 2000+ members is still 2 too many.
      Guys,