26475Re: [Distillers] Re: Trial Run on Reflx Column, Questions & Happy New Year To...

  • suitcase1499@aol.com
    Jan 1, 2005
      In a message dated 1/1/2005 4:37:52 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      gnikomson2000@... writes:

      Happy New Year to you, Suit.
      A few facts you haven't given. How much beer do you run in that
      15.5 gallon keg? 1 US gallon = 3.7854118 litres, so the keg has a
      capacity of 58 litres. Are you running 2 x 25L batches at once in
      strip mode? or just one? Is this a 'once through' setup? or a strip
      & redistill? I assume you're making corn whiskey potstill style?
      We need to know...
      Is the still charge beer or 1st runnings?
      How many gallons is the charge?
      Do you do any tests to determine when to start taking 'hearts'?

      regards Harry

      This was 50 liter turbo sugar wash and planning just a once through job. I do
      some test on when to take the heart on some mostly by smell and taste. I f I
      run it hotter I will lose alot of %ABV right ??? Thanks