25420Re: [Distillers] Malting question

  • Rana Pipiens
    Dec 1, 2004
      Andrew, I've grown and eaten both globe and Jerusalem artichokes and, in my opinion, the Jerusalem artichoke tastes like the globe artichoke heart when boiled. If you get a chance check out some of the other things that Jack uses to make wine. I've been told by a home winemaking shop owner that he really knows what he is talking about. Rana

      Andrew Forsberg <andrew@...> wrote:Good grief, Hector, you're right! Cynar's a 16.5% Italian liqueur based
      on artichokes.

      The artichokes I have growing are globe artichokes -- not the Jerusalem
      artichoke tubers. I've never tried Jerusalem artichokes, so don't know
      how they compare flavour-wise, but I'm having a really hard time
      imagining how a globe artichoke wine would taste. My wife said it would
      be disgusting, and a waste. :) Of course, I'm also extremely bloody
      minded so am going to give it a go anyway.

      Cheers!
      Andrew

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT