25395Re: [Distillers] Re: Bakers yeast etc

  • _{*L*}_
    Dec 1, 2004
      Adam, in my experience bakers yeast, given about 2~3 weeks, does settle down.

      ajdonnison <adam@...> wrote:
      In my research on bakers yeast (I run fermentation, beer and wine
      courses), I've found that it works alright up to around 12% abv, and
      other than the different taste, the only problem is that it doesn't
      flocculate (collect together) and tends to remain in suspension
      causing cloudiness. Not a problem for distillers, but beer and wine
      makers only use it as a last resort.

      The tastes provided by the yeast will also depend upon the
      fermentation speed and the time left on the lees. But then again
      taste is a very personal thing and I wouldn't want to suggest to
      someone what they should or shouldn't use based on taste.

      Adam

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, suitcase1499@a... wrote:
      > I sometimes use turbo yeast but mostly use bakers yeast and i am
      right the
      > oppisite, i find the taste is better using bakers yeast maybe it's
      because of
      > the lower abv wash I really don't know. I guess everyone has
      different taste if
      > not we'd all be drinking one kind of liquor and or beer. (I like Bud
      Light
      > Lol)
      >
      > Suitcase

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      Always check my current auction offerings on eBay!

      Whatever is written above is my subjective opinion
      There are no warranties of any kind whatsoever
      You've been warned, act on your own risk
      And finally, I can be wrong I must say!
      Alex (aka BOKAKOB)