25392Re: Bakers yeast etc

  • ajdonnison
    Dec 1, 2004
      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Harry" <gnikomson2000@y...> wrote:
      > Hi Adam. Glad to see another professional who 'walks the walk' on
      > board here. The collective expertise in this wee community is
      > downright staggering! Be prepared for a myriad of questions re
      > yeast behaviour and fermentation. There are many here searching for
      > the holy grail i.e. their own single malt whisky. You may be able
      > to assist re slants, hydrolysis etc. Anyway, welcome to the
      > groups. :-)

      I'd put professional in quotation marks if I were you. I'm pretty new
      to distilling, but have been brewing beer, wine (grape, fruit and
      vegetable), mead and cider for many years. I regularly do cider
      making demonstrations at a local orchard, and have recently started
      running wine and beer courses at the local community house. I have
      done quite a lot of research, both theoretical and practical, so I may
      be of some assistance, but I suspect there are probably others out
      there with as much if not more knowledge.

      Adam
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic