2524Re: [Distillers] Control valve for Nixon-Stone ?

  • Scott A
    Jun 10, 2001
      Hi Tony
      Unfortunately there is not cheap and easy way of controling the still like
      this in such heigh procision. For a incrament of .1 it is quite hard to find
      temperature measuring instraments especially ones which will control
      electronics. There are thermocouples which you mentioned (i think type K is
      the best) they have temperature incraments of 1 degree. maybe someone else
      knows of better instraments
      i have yet to see solenoids which can finely control flow rates the only
      ones i have seen are gate valves allthough i have seen the devices which
      seem like they are designed to control solenoids that control flow rates
      like this.
      To turn off the still permanently you could fairly easily incorperate a
      switch which would do what you want into the electronics of the control
      system. i would guess you could get a switch like this at a electronics
      shop.
      At the moment i am working on a control system which will interface with a
      computer so you can change the control of the still when you modify it as i
      seem to always be doing. I am currently experimenting with ways to over come
      the temperature incrament problem.
      i hope this helped a little
      From Scott