23792Re: [Distillers] Grappa

  • Héctor A. Landaeta C.
    Oct 5, 2004
      On 5/10/04 10:28 PM, "Scott Petrinec" <crazycro2@...> wrote:

      > I'm still not sure which one of
      > my still is best to use for distilling my grappa. 2
      > distillations in my pot still will get 75% alc.
      > maximum. Is this enough? To what % good quality grappa
      > is distilled? I red somewhere it was often distilled 3
      > times. (they were talking about 84%alc. (from the same
      > source)) If this is so, I'll use my reflux column,
      > leave the packing but I won't equilibrate the column .

      Hola Scott!
      When did Maxime post this message?
      Max! Come on! Why waste the good stuff on a reflux column? You want the
      crisp taste, the sweet smell of grapes and fresh wine to percolate into your
      spirit! Why, what do you want? Grape vodka? Come on!
      Salud!
      --
      Héctor Landaeta
      Colonia Tovar - Venezuela.