23482Grappa

  • Maxime Belair
    Sep 26, 2004
      Hi everyone,

      Next week I'll start a batch of
      red wine. I can get some wine grapes from california.
      It's the first time I do this, I plan to make a
      miniumum of 100 bottles. 16.4kg of grapes yields about
      10 bottles. So I'll have a bit of pomace at the end.
      Instead of loosing it, I will try to distill grappa.

      I was asking me how much should I throw away as
      foreshots at the beginning of the run as pomace (I
      imagine) contains more methanol the red wine itself.

      I think a double distillation would be the best.

      Any suggestions are appreciated,

      Maxime Belair

      Lèche-vitrine ou lèche-écran ?
      magasinage.yahoo.ca