21872Re: New Still

  • justin_dittmann
    Jul 15, 2004
      Sorry to be off topic here. But.

      Thanks Harry, but I have to agree with you. Not knocking anyone, I'm
      just saying. I've got a lot of info off this discussion group and
      the archives and have learnt a lot in the past few weeks that I've
      been visiting this site. Having been an active member in a number of
      homebrewing forums and groups I see the need to contribute something
      back to the group once your in the position to make a contribution,
      rather than just getting the info you need and running off.

      Without a continued input from people these forums die, and I agree
      that it can't be left up to a few well respected members to keep
      answering the questions, I feel it's important to put something back
      in if you have gained something out of it. I certainly wouldn't have
      even wandered down this line of hobby with out a good quality site
      like this and the people that contributed to it and with the help of
      Alex's site. I'm stoked to be involved with it and I'm now hooked on
      this hobby as well-oh help me! (I'm also hopelessly hooked on all
      grain homebrewing too). Oh well.

      Cheers and thanks guys for all the input in the past guys, hope it
      can keep building.

      End of ramble. (I just like to see my messages on the board ;) )

      Cheers, Justin

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Harry" <gnikomson2000@y...>
      wrote:
      > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "justin_dittmann"
      > <justin_dittmann@y...> wrote:
      > > Answer also posted in New Distillers. Alright, I'll have a go.
      > It's
      > > good fun to have a discussion on designs and stuff so I'm sorry
      no
      > > one's taken the bait. This is my first foray into discussing
      still
      > > designs so here it goes, I have a few design questions to ask:
      > <snip>
      >

      > Congratulations, Justin. Those are all practical observations! :-
      )
      > I knew someone would eventually have some input. It's amazing how
      > everyone sits on their hands and waits for the few who are willing
      > to share info. Run in that fashion, this forum is no longer a
      like-
      > minded community, but rather a leach site.
      >
      > So come on people! Justin's started the ball rolling, how's about
      > the 1500+ members here doing a tad more than just reading, or
      > sulking about perceived slights. We've lost too many members
      whose
      > knowledge is irreplaceable, all because of complacency and ego.
      > HAVE A GO!
      >

      > Slainte!
      > regards Harry
    • Show all 27 messages in this topic