21630Re: [Distillers] milk jugs

  • Zarklan Zhaphedoix
    Jul 5, 2004
      One reason that the distillate was coming out so fast might be the size of the operation. Some moonshiners use 500+ gallon boilers. I have seen pictures of an octopus like still where many boilers fed a single worm.

      Rana Pipiens <ranawater@...> wrote:
      Mark, I saw that same History Channel documentary and thought the same thing. I think they said that the product was 160 proof too and I think that would mean a second time through the pot still. Notice how fast the distillate was coming out? Someone on a homebrewing site pointed out that the same channel has another documentary called "Distillers" which will air in the US on July 12. I'm not sure of the time. By the way do you agree that that was an interesting show? Rana

      Mark <markgofast@...> wrote:I saw a TV show involving moonshine. The 'shiners were collecting /
      storing / transportating their product in common plastic milk jugs.

      Maybe the abv wasn't that high - it looked like a pot still with a
      long worm coil. But I thought that plastic milk jugs made poor
      containers because of the reaction between the plastic and the
      alcohol.

      What's the deal?

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT