21629Re: [Distillers] Re: Best Yeast

  • Zarklan Zhaphedoix
    Jul 5, 2004
      What are the best and cheapest yeast strains to use? I have used bulk bakers yeast(over a pound at a time) but I don't have a refractometer or hydrometer.

      If I were to boil a pound or so of baker's yeast would that be a yest nutrient for a high alcohol strain.

      -Z

      toddk63 <toddk63@...> wrote:
      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "pthoma_nz" <pthoma_nz@y...> wrote:
      > I have only tried Still Spirits, Alcotec, and Code 6... I like Code
      > 6 the best ...

      I don't try to break any speed barriers. I have only tried EC1118 or
      its Redstar equivalent PDM. I have never had objectionable flavors
      and have always made 18% abv.

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT