      From: meads [mailto:meads@...]
      Sent: Wednesday, 11 April 2001 21:43
      To: Distillers@yahoogroups.com; glennnat@...
      Subject: Re: [Distillers] top shelf essence

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: <glennnat@...>
      To: <Distillers@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2001 5:55 PM
      Subject: [Distillers] top shelf essence

      > Can someone tell me how the top shelf finest reserve scotch whiskey
      > compares to the rest of the classic style flavours??
      >

      > My experence of this essence is not good. Actually went very cloudy with
      something that looks very much like dirt settling to the bottom!!. Have
      tried it twice with the same result. There was a leaflet issued by the
      manufacturer afterwards which acknowleged a problem and suggested only
      adding essence at cold temps. etc but I could'nt get a good result. Flavour
      is interesting though, very peaty.