20441Re: spiral still

  • abbababbaccc
    May 1, 2004
      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "robotguy666" <robotguy666@y...>
      wrote:
      > how much alcohol is made by the spiral still? lets say we have 25
      > liter at 15% and what will be the proof? when i was looking at a
      pdf
      > about it it says. "92-95%" Does this mean proof or % alcohol????
      > Because after that it says " not that bad" or something to those
      regards.

      > thanks alot,
      > Mark

      Spiral still can produce alcohol-water mixture containing over 90%
      alcohol. This requires slow operating speed (1 drop / second or less
      for 10mm version) and separation is not very good. If you want
      consistent 95+% and very good separation add a column to the system.
      The mash you mentioned would typically produce a bit over 4 liters
      at ~90%. For regular version of spirall still you need generous cuts
      or carbon filtration.

      Greetz, Riku
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic