19114Re: Grappa

  • Mark
    Feb 11, 2004
      Grappa is made from taking the skins after pressing and refermenting
      with sugar/water. Next harvest, after pressing the skins, add tehm
      back to your bucket, add water and sugar and let it go. You should
      be ready to re-press the skins after another week or two.

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "AtlantaGor" <atlantagor@a...>
      wrote:
      > Hello,
      > I am new to this group, I have been making wine for awhile now,
      but
      > I just picked up a mini distiller, and am interested in making
      > grappa's brandies, etc.. Haven't had any luck finding out how to
      make
      > a grappa, says in the instructions i received with the unit just
      add
      > water, not very helpfull. I was wondering if anyone could give me
      > some pointers or point me in the direction of some recipes. I
      > purchased the Lore of Ditilling and The Alaskin bootleggers bible,
      > but neither had this info.
      >
      > Thank you in advance.
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic