      From: nvo@...
      Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2001 11:12 PM
      Subject: [Distillers] yeast

      Just about to add my yeast to my barley/whiskey mash and
      wondered.Does anyone know what sort of yeast to use?.I can only get
      turbo yeast and wondered if I could use it.I am under the impression
      that I dont need the turbo yeast as the mash has enough nutrients for
      the yeast to work.I am making the whiskey as exact as I can after
      seeing a video on how to make poteen just the other week ago.They use
      brewers yeast but every where I go they only have turbo yeast.
      Please can anyone help?

      regards andrew