1728Re: [Distillers] Diluting Spirts

  • Matt
    Feb 4, 2001
      On Mon, Feb 05, 2001 at 01:18:30AM -0000, Ackland, Tony (CALNZAS) wrote:
      > There's calculators to do these for you at :
      > http://www.geocities.com/kiwi_distiller/dilute.htm
      >
      > Tony

      Tony's calculators are great but I also would find it convenient to have a
      calculator that can quickly give a known volume-known final strength with
      two contributing variable strength sliders. e.g.: I want to make a 500ml
      of a 47% gin and I have "x" amount of 42% spirit and my flavoring liquid
      needs to be "y" strength if I add 10ml of it to make the final product and
      still hit that 47% target. know what i mean? ok maybe that's a bit wordy
      :-)

      and no it's worth the small expense: dilute with distilled water, you'll
      be much happier.

      Matthew @ psibercom